- Department of Neurosurgery, Hassan II Hospital, University Medical School Sidi Mohamed Ben Abdellah, Fez, Morocco.
DOI:10.25259/SNI_548_2020Copyright: © 2020 Surgical Neurology International This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-Share Alike 4.0 License, which allows others to remix, tweak, and build upon the work non-commercially, as long as the author is credited and the new creations are licensed under the identical terms.
How to cite this article: Lakhdar F, Benzagmout M, Chakour K, Faiz Chaoui ME. Bumpy head, unusual gliosarcoma metastasis. Surg Neurol Int 25-Sep-2020;11:311
How to cite this URL: Lakhdar F, Benzagmout M, Chakour K, Faiz Chaoui ME. Bumpy head, unusual gliosarcoma metastasis. Surg Neurol Int 25-Sep-2020;11:311. Available from: https://surgicalneurologyint.com/?post_type=surgicalint_articles&p=10282
A 53-year-old man with no previous cancer history or radiation therapy presented to our emergency department with a 3-month history of headaches, vomiting, and multiple focal seizures. Physical examination revealed Glasgow Coma Scale 12, a Frisen Scale Grade II papilledema bilaterally and right hemiplegia. Brain MRI demonstrated a heterogeneous mass within the left frontal lobe, irregular rim of peripheral marginal enhancement, and central necrotic area with marked vasogenic edema causing a small uncal herniation [
Two months later, clinical examination displayed five subcutaneous mass, firm, and unmovable at the left temple and frontoparietal scalp [
Declaration of patient consent
The authors certify that they have obtained all appropriate patient consent.
Financial support and sponsorship
Conflicts of interest
There are no conflicts of interest.
1. Beaumont TL, Kupsky WJ, Barger GR, Sloan AE. Gliosarcoma with multiple extracranial metastases: Case report and review of the literature. J Neurooncol. 2007. 83: 39-46
2. Choi MG, Lee JH, Lee MS, Suh SJ, Lee YS, Kang DG. Primary gliosarcoma with extracranial metastasis. Brain Tumor Res Treat. 2020. 8: 53-6
3. Lun M, Lok E, Gautam S, Wu E, Wong ET. The natural history of extracranial metastasis from glioblastoma multiforme. J Neurooncol. 2011. 105: 261-73
4. Maeda D, Miyazawa T, Toyooka T, Shima K. Temporal gliosarcoma with extraneural metastasis: Case report. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2010. 50: 343-5
5. Singh G, Das KK, Sharma P, Guruprasad B, Jaiswal S, Mehrotra A. Cerebral gliosarcoma: Analysis of 16 patients and review of literature. Asian J Neurosurg. 2015. 10: 195-202