Surgical Neurology International is pleased to present 15 surgical videos from the “11th Live Demonstration Course in Operative Microneurosurgery.”
The “Live Demonstration Course in Operative Microneurosurgery” is an annual course chaired by Professor Juha Hernesniemi, Head of the Department of Neurosurgery at the University of Helsinki in Helskinki, Finland. This year’s course was held from June 5-10, 2011, and featured a faculty of Vinko Dolenc from Ljublana, Slovenia, Ali Krisht from the USA, Ugur Ture from Turkey, Fady Charbel from the USA and Rokuya Tanikawa from Japan, among others. The "12th Live Demonstration Course" will be held June 3-8, 2012, in Helsinki.
The videos are about 20 minutes in length and show, in detail, how surgeons perform various procedures from aneurysm surgery to cavernous sinus tumors, brain tumors, cerebellopontine angle tumors, pineal tumors, bypass surgery and more. The list of the 15 procedures is found below.
The videos will be hosted on the SNI
website 24/7 -365 days a year and can be watched at any time. You may comment on the videos for an exchange of ideas or questions to the surgeons on the procedures.
This course is the first of many courses on different subjects that SNI
will present for its readers worldwide.
James I. Ausman, MD, PhD
Click any link below to view the surgical video:
- Left Mid-Temporal Pilocytic Astrocytoma - Ture
- ACA Aneurysm + Distal MCA Aneurysm - Krisht
- Anterior Communicating Artery Aneurysm - Hernesniemi
- Brain Stem Hemangioblastoma - Ture
- Right Medial Temporal Lobe Pilocytic Astrocytoma - Ture
- Moya Moya Right STA-MCA bypass - Tanikawa
- Superior Cerebellar Artery Aneurysm - Hernesniemi
- ICA Ophthalmic Aneurysm, Nonruptured -Hernesniemi
- Moya Moya STA-MCA Bypass - Charbel
- Meningioma of Cerebellopontine Angle - Krisht
- Occipito Temporal AVM - Hernesniemi
- Pineal Cyst - Hernesniemi
- Superior Cerebellar Artery Aneurysm - Krisht
- Colloid Cyst - Hernesniemi
- Cavernous Sinus Hemangiopericytoma - Dolenc